Title Block text alignment

patriciamayme

Question

I am having an issue after updating titleblocks where the text is no longer aligned as it was before. Now the boundries go far outside the title block's perimeter. It also only seems to happen once I have saved, closed, and reopened the file. I have gone into the symbol to see if the text box changed, but everything is correct in the symbol. It seems as though the text boxes have lost the ability to wrap text.

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.52.57 PM.png

8 answers to this question

So.. that would be helpful if this were text that was editable in the title block. This text never changes (legal jargon) and in the symbol the text wraps correctly (see image). It is only when the title block is updated that the issue happens. When I right click on the title block to try and edit, it jumps past any option to edit the title block layout and only brings up the editable fields window. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 6.16.02 PM.png

Edited by patriciamayme
1 hour ago, patriciamayme said:

So.. that would be helpful if this were text that was editable in the corner block. This text never changes (legal jargon) and in the symbol the text wraps correctly (see image). It is only when the title block is updated that the issue happens. When I right click on the title clock to try and edit, it jumps past any option to edit the title block layout and only brings up the editable fields window. 

I think you'll find that your old title block symbol and the new title block style (VW2018) you created are separate things. It sounds like you may still be editing the old symbol, not the new style. When you convert an existing title block VW creates a new resource called a title block style. You can edit it in the Resource Manager or by clicking on an active title block of that style and selecting Edit Style in the Style dropdown near the top of the OIP. From there click on Title Block in the left hand pane and then click on the Edit Title Block Layout button. When you select text in the title block it should say Text In Title Block in the OIP instead of just Text. Select your problem text blocks and make sure the Wrap Text checkbox is checked. It sounds like maybe this option reset itself during the conversion process.

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister
7 hours ago, JimW said:

This should cover the changes:

Around 5:56 I think it covers controlling the text wrapping with the text box size control handles.

@JimWI just did a quick test converting an old Sheet Border object to a new Title Block Border and any text block that had the "Wrap Text" checkbox checked before conversion has it turned off after conversion. Is this a known conversion bug?

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Kevin,

Only linked text blocks should be with turned off "Wrap Text" after update. If text blocks that are not linked to any records lose their "Wrap Text" value upon update, could you send me file with the Sheet Border before the update, so that I could check it out?

Thanks,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

17 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello Kevin,

Only linked text blocks should be with turned off "Wrap Text" after update. If text blocks that are not linked to any records lose their "Wrap Text" value upon update, could you send me file with the Sheet Border before the update, so that I could check it out?

Thanks,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Attached is one of the files in which it was happening to me. You might have to update the title block, save, close, and reopen to notice that the physical manifestation of the wrap has gone away. That was most of the problem I was trying to figure out is why it would be fine, but then I would reopen the file and it would be completely wrong. 

NIRSA_2018_Honor_Banquet.vwx