Import AutoCAD HELP!

I have a drawing created in autoCAD. I open it in AC and it looks like this:

-

When I import it to VW it looks like this:

-

Everything is just a bunch of 3d loci. All layers and classes are on and set to show/snap/modify others. I have tried everything I can think of for saving as in AC and importing options in VW. I know very little about AC but do know that the file is 3d and everything is a block reference. Please help.

Many thanks

I tried exploding the objects in AC and ended up with 3d solids and another 3928 block references. If I keep exploding I end up with nothing. I have tried importing to VW after every explosion with no luck. I also tried exporting to ACIS solids but AutoCAD's version (.sat) doesn't seem to be usable by VW.

Here is the file in case someone wants to give it a go:

http://home.ripway.com/2004-4/93161/CLtrussblocks.zip

Andy,

Comes in flawlessly into 11. VectorWorks has greatly improved the importing compatibility with AutoCad. It also supports AutoCad 2004 files. Do you still need the file sent to you?

Thanks for the reply. Ray converted the file and sent it to me so I am all set. I am ready to upgrade to 11 but am waiting for some reassurance that the C4D exchange R2 will work with V11. So far the sales depts at NNA and and Maxon haven't been sure. I also thought it would be a good idea to wait for the .5 release.

Many thanks