walkthrough tool cuts through buildings walls

There are a variety of ways to set a 3d View. Using the walkthrough tool (once you get the hang of it) is good for moving through a building or site in "real time", but not my first choice for setting up a static view. I usually use the Renderworks Camera to get the view I want and then make small adjustments either to the camera settings or by using the Translate View tool; then I create a Viewport so I can crop and place on a sheet.

And yes, FWIW, while using the Walkthrough Tool the user becomes like a ghost/ninja, and can pass through 'solid' objects like walls of floors;-)

@patrick kingHi, If you are rendering a static view you may have to turn off a few wall close to the camera. Also sometimes if you render with open GL you get a good view but then change to a renderworks you get a black screen, it usually means the camera was close to a wall and now its seeing the wall or you are inside the wall. The higher res rendering can do that.

Like Cripes i always use a viewport for the final. I also render the final as an image and place that in the sheet layer because any change to the model will cause the viewport to need re-rendering. I keep the original viewport next to the sheet but leave the image on the sheet layer until you really need the image rendered. Its a timing thing for me.

HTH