Fixture Mode and Lightwright 6 Profile

Hi Rob, 

The issue is I don't seem to see the profile body column in Lightwright as an option. I want the profile of the fixture to appear on in my label legend, but can't seem to get it there. I am attaching two pictures. I want to make sure I am using the profile feature in Lightwright so I can use the address map and auto addressing features, but I want it to appear on my plot as well. I can use the a user column but that doesn't relate to the profile which is the issue. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 9.11.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 9.11.00 AM.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is going to be a question for John McKernon@Lightwright. There appear to be quite a few fields that you can export from LW that are not in the available fields for the data exchange list.  Note that setting the Vectorworks fixture mode to the Lightwright profile will not allow Vectorworks to properly recognize the fixture properly so the Gobo and color wheel information in Vectorworks will be incorrect.  I recommend using a custom user filed in Vectorworks to store the LW profile setting.

It's not helpful to share fixture modes, because Vectorworks and Lightwright use different databases for their fixture profile information, and the text used to describe the mode is different in each. Same problem between Lightwright and Eos - different profile databases. Lightwright doesn't deal with it at all, Eos handles it by showing you the Lightwright profile/mode and lets you then select the appropriate match from the Eos data. There's no similar feature to do that in Vectorworks as far as I know.

Just now, Lightwright said:

It's not helpful to share fixture modes, because Vectorworks and Lightwright use different databases for their fixture profile information, and the text used to describe the mode is different in each. Same problem between Lightwright and Eos - different profile databases. Lightwright doesn't deal with it at all, Eos handles it by showing you the Lightwright profile/mode and lets you then select the appropriate match from the Eos data. There's no similar feature to do that in Vectorworks as far as I know.

That makes sense. But is it possible to map the LW profile to a user field? I want it to show on my paperwork and plot, but don't see it as an option in body columns.