DWG Export Issues

tfanstone

Question

I keep trying to export files to dwg from the same drawing- attached. A few exports worked on my Vectorworks 2018 Sp 2 file. Some exported, some crashed program. No explanation. My drawing is a mix of an imported Autocad drawing and my own drawing work. Never had this problem before. Running Mac OS 10.13.2 Very frustrating! I have tried changing a few settings in the settings, some worked, some didn't.

WORKING_DRAWINGS_3.vwx

8 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, mike m oz said:

I just tried exporting A2.3 and Vw crashed for me as well.  Hopefully tech can sort it out for you.

OK thanks for your effort. Over the years importing/exporting dwgs have always had to be finessed a bit. Scales, units etc.. First time though this has happened!

I'm almost positive that the issue you are having is related to scaled symbols.

I did a quick delete of the scaled symbols that were causing the crash on the 4th saved view.  That one exported but another one further down the stack caused a crash.

I then tried just deleting all the symbols and it exported to DWG right away.

Not sure if it's all scaled symbols, or just the ones that contain 2D loci.  But thats a place to start looking.

hth

4 minutes ago, zoomer said:

I had a lot of problems in the past with scaled blocks in VW after importing.

(VW 2015)

Selection, boundaries an visibility control.

Yes I had similar problems too in the past.

2 hours ago, michaelk said:

I did a quick delete of the scaled symbols that were causing the crash on the 4th saved view.  That one exported but another one further down the stack caused a crash.

Not sure if it's all scaled symbols, or just the ones that contain 2D loci.  But thats a place to start looking.

hth

2 hours ago, michaelk said:

hth

Yes that sounds if that could be the problem. You may have found the way forward. I had sent the ones that I didn't have a problem on to the other Consultant and he seemed happy with those, so I'll leave sleeping dogs lie for the moment! Thanks for your help everyone.