Dwg Imports

EJM

Question

5 answers to this question

10 hours ago, EJM said:

I previously asked about  dwg imports freezing, what I have found is that I can import a dwg of 3.7mb or smaller but not anything larger. Is there a size limit that one can adjust ? If so where/how do I do this please ?

If you have access to a DWG program (Draftsight, Bricscad, AutoCAD etc.) you could try purging and flattening the DWG file before importing. It could be that there is some object causing trouble and purging/flattening may sometimes solves the issue.

However, the size limit is a bit odd if that is a general size limit for any random DWG file. What kind of DWG files are you trying to import?

Hi, in fact my theory of the size being an issue has proved to be a total red herring and you are completely correct that there is an object that causes the import to crash. I sent the files to the VW TechSupport and they very kindly identified the object causing this. Thank you for your help.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:43 PM, Art V said:

If you have access to a DWG program (Draftsight, Bricscad, AutoCAD etc.) you could try purging and flattening the DWG file before importing. It could be that there is some object causing trouble and purging/flattening may sometimes solves the issue.

However, the size limit is a bit odd if that is a general size limit for any random DWG file. What kind of DWG files are you trying to import?

Dassault offers a free version of DraftSight—definitely useful for cleaning up DWGs prior to import.