VermontArchitect

2018 Service pack 2 not working on second monitor

Question

Since I installed VW 2018 Service pack 2, I am unable to run VW on a second monitor - I have two different monitors I have tried this on.  My old copy of 2017 still works fine on both monitors.  I reinstalled Service Pack 2 but that didn't help.  The menus look fine although I think they are not running native resolution on my 4k monitor.  Anything in the drawing window is messed up and untouchable.  When I grab the top and move VW back to screen 1 it works fine.  Then when I move it back it stops working.  All other programs including Photoshop and Sketchup work fine on the second monitor.  The screen shot shows the drawing window in which current drawing is partially opened in duplicate - this is typical.  hardware is super powerful - new Xi laptop with GeForce 1070.

Screenshot (2).png

4 answers to this question

Reply back with the following from that machine and I can take a look:

Looks like that machine is using its integrated Intel GPU rather than the dedicated one. This can normally be fixed with these steps:

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/articles.html/articles/multiple-display-adapters-nvidia-control-panel-windows-only-r306/

There MIGHT also be a bios/uefi setting on the laptop to enable dedicated graphics, but most likely that is already enabled.