What am I missing with wall heights?

Jim Smith

Question

I'm working on a very simple file for a mass model but this is something that happens often with some walls. These are all generic walls. The walls illustrated in BLUE were all Fit to an object (a roof ) that I no longer want to show & the roof exists in a hidden class (I have also noted the same issue after deleting the roof). The issue is this: When all walls are set to 10' high two of the walls accept the height in the OIP but do not correctly illustrate walls of 10' high; the rest do. If I change one of these offending walls to a height of 0, it reads as zero in the OIP but clearly from the example it isn't 0.

I can delete & redo two walls, sure, but I'd like to know WTF is going on. Any advice? 

All these walls are correct at 10'  

Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 11.35.25 AM (2).png

This wall is set to 10' but isn't 10'

5a4672faee09f_ScreenShot2017-12-29at11_34.56AM(2).thumb.png.129fc7544b807263de201dace3023fc8.png

This wall is set to 0 but clearly has a height 

5a46732827509_ScreenShot2017-12-29at11_35.34AM(2).thumb.png.04117ed87db9853fc5f93c7317a0cb96.png

Edited by Jim Smith

13 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Alan Woodwell said:

Hi, I have found that if you go AEC delete wall peaks top and bottom it brings it back to normal.

HTH

JimW told me about that secret some time ago.

That helped for me for all Wall height oddities that I had,

because of accidentally manually editing Wall Peaks in a Side View.

Yes agree. I love the fit walls to objects tool and it saves a lot of time. But when I invoke the "human error tool" sometimes a wall will retain the extra vertices requested by said idiot and even tell you it's one height and it actually isn't (which is a bit dangerous). Sometimes I invoke the multi human error tool (Control #DOH) and copy lots of walls across which retain the original "fault" As pointed out the AEC delete wall peaks does the job...!!