Titleblock style - File path option not working

ptoner

Question

5 answers to this question

How are you "attaching" the record? I just experimented a bit and it seems to work differently with the new Title Block Border. VW sees any text created in the Title Block edit space as "Text in Title Block". The link is established by checking the Link Value checkbox in the OIP and then selecting the field to link it to in the "Parameter" dropdown. I'm not sure that you can still use the old method.

Kevin

5a3bdcb1180a4_ScreenShot2017-12-21at8_06_37AM.thumb.png.2b7d26d9d5ba35d1169facbc8fdbe2ae.png

17 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

How are you "attaching" the record? I just experimented a bit and it seems to work differently with the new Title Block Border. VW sees any text created in the Title Block edit space as "Text in Title Block". The link is established by checking the Link Value checkbox in the OIP and then selecting the field to link it to in the "Parameter" dropdown. I'm not sure that you can still use the old method.

Kevin

5a3bdcb1180a4_ScreenShot2017-12-21at8_06_37AM.thumb.png.2b7d26d9d5ba35d1169facbc8fdbe2ae.png

Thanks, tired this and associated the text to the record, via link value. It shows up the path then in the template/style but when you come out of the editing process and have it viewed normally. It does not show. Any further assistance? @Kevin McAllister

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 22.12.2017 г. at 11:31 AM, ptoner said:

Thanks, tired this and associated the text to the record, via link value. It shows up the path then in the template/style but when you come out of the editing process and have it viewed normally. It does not show. Any further assistance?

Hello ptoner,

If your Title Block Graphics are not set to be 'By Style', then changes made to them will not be applied to all Title Block Border objects using the style. If however, you have set the graphics to be 'By Style', could you attach the file so that I could check it out?

Thanks,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

I had a similar issue when I updated my usual title block to use the VW18 title block tool. As a workaround, you can insert a data stamp into your title block layout and check just the "Show File Name" box. This will function in the same way as using the title block tool field. Note that it will not update until you actually export/publish the sheet layer!