Highlight Objects That Couldn't be Regenerated

Kevin McAllister

Question

4 answers to this question

Yes please! I've had the same thought. In a complex file it may take a while to discover which solid went wrong...

Often it's a simple fix (entering and exiting the solid usually fixes it), so it'd be nice to be somehow be navigated to the offending solids.

That being said, is there a reason Vectorworks can't regenerate them by... re-generating them? I know that sounds odd, but if I can fix a Solid Addition by entering it then exiting it, it seems like Vectorworks should be able to solve this automatically, with a bit more coding.

When opening a backup file we often get the message "Some of the objects could not be regenerated."

image.thumb.png.8ee1b247c38dd31102c5a5f0c9a0cfb8.png

It would be great if we knew which features couldn't be restored. If I knew that the item(s) is easily re-created or wasn't that important, I could choose to move forward with the backup.

It's as if there is now a landmine in the restored file and I'm just hoping I won't uncover it.

• Like 2