plants at polygon corners

shasta

I defined a plant, went back to the place plant tool, chose 'at polygon corners' and made a shape. The corners made the symbols slightly overlap, which is fine, but only the first plant placed has a black outline and the others are all white. What's going on? I want all to have a black outline....

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The 2D symbol for the plant groups in queston has a white outline. I suspect this was done to cause the outline to "disappear" when in clusters. If you set the outline of the 2D symbol (named "PTemp2D-01") instead to a black line of zero line weight, you will get the same effect without the white lines.

Yes, I selected 'syles enabled' when I created the plant. If I select a plant style fot the group, such as light sketch, I can get it to display more or less correctly. The only problem is that the first plant in the cluster is darker without the white outline, then the rest have the white outline + the applied style. It doesn't look too bad but I would like to do better....