Bas Vellekoop

ability to change the format of current plot date

Question

When exporting sheet layers I start the file name with the current plot date. 
In 2018 it is possible to add this automatically, but I`m missing a feature that makes is allot more usable. 

At the moment the plot date is DD-MM-YY 
If you export your files in this format it is not possible to sort them from old to new through the file name. 

Wish: ability to export the plot date in the format YY-MM-DD so the that the windows explorer sort the files from old to new, and the other way around. 

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

Maybe there should be an option for YYYY-MM-DD as well. 

I got the feedback that it is already possible, but only if you change it in the settings of your PC (so it changes pc-wide)

For me this is not a good option, exporting from VW is a exception and it would help allot if it is possible in yyyy-mm-dd 

5 hours ago, Bas Vellekoop said:

Maybe there should be an option for YYYY-MM-DD as well. 

I got the feedback that it is already possible, but only if you change it in the settings of your PC (so it changes pc-wide)

For me this is not a good option, exporting from VW is a exception and it would help allot if it is possible in yyyy-mm-dd 

Ha that's actually what I want too.

KM