VW2018 Drawing stamp/ phantom revisions

2 hours ago, MRD Mark Ridgewell said:

....plus, why is the sheet project data specific to each sheet now. so you have to set it on each sheet in the title block manager?!

In VW2107 you set it once for all sheets in a drawing?? Very strange or am I missing something?

I think the idea is that you use a Style for the project and set that data by the Style. Select a Title Block Border object, in the Style dropdown in the OIP choose Edit Style. Click on Project Data in the sidebar of the dialog that opens. If you edit it here it will propogate to all of the title blocks of the same style within your file. I'm not sure why you can't lock the Project Data in the style editor so that it can only be edited by editing the style like you can with many other parameters.

You can do the same edit by finding the Style in the Resource Manager.

@JimWis there someone who can explain why you can't lock Project Data to be by Style only? It seems like an odd choice to leave it out.

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister
On 2017-12-16 at 8:04 AM, Kevin McAllister said:

I think the idea is that you use a Style for the project and set that data by the Style. Select a Title Block Border object, in the Style dropdown in the OIP choose Edit Style. Click on Project Data in the sidebar of the dialog that opens. If you edit it here it will propogate to all of the title blocks of the same style within your file. I'm not sure why you can't lock the Project Data in the style editor so that it can only be edited by editing the style like you can with many other parameters.

You can do the same edit by finding the Style in the Resource Manager.

@JimWis there someone who can explain why you can't lock Project Data to be by Style only? It seems like an odd choice to leave it out.

Kevin

After further testing I'm pretty sure any edit to the Project Data propagates to all Title Block Border objects of the same style in the same file. Can someone confirm this? It means that editing the Project Data of an individual Title Block Border object is the same as editing the Project Data of the Style. Super confusing. I wish the items on the Project Data pane had the use style icon next to them so it was clear what you were editing - 5a3d2627e8a41_ScreenShot2017-12-22at7_34_06AM.thumb.png.cf7f7a5320412e5fd9e1d202c4cc21d1.png.

Kevin