rendering resolution

mattryan

Hello all

I am trying to get some final rendering done and I seem to have issues with the final resolution. I have tried final render works and custom render works but the image quality I would say is not as crisp as I would like. Is there a way to increase the final resolution on the rendering? Average rendering time is less than a minute so I have no issue with how long it should take. Can anyone help with this?

Thank you!

Matt

A0.pdf

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I agree with the above recommendations.

First, make sure to render in a sheet layer viewport, so you can control the resolution. If you are already doing this, then the most likely issues are the DPI of the sheet layer being too low. This is edited in Tools > Organization > Sheet Layers, and then increasing the DPI of the sheet you are rendering on.

Second, If you have that at 150 DPI or above and you STILL see a lack of crispness with the viewport fitting a normal page, increase the Anti Aliasing setting in your Renderworks style.

Also note that in addition to the Sheet Layer dpi setting, the actual size of your viewport (width and height on the page) directly affects its final resolution. For example, if you set your Sheet Layer to 300dpi but your viewport is only 1" wide, the rendered image will only be 300px wide.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I've encountered people who have a viewport which fills an entire ARCH D sheet (24x36") who then wonder why it's taking forever for the high-res viewport to render.

Depending how you made your viewport it's probably already a more reasonable size, but it's something to be aware of. My viewports for rendering tend to be between 10-20" wide depending on what I'm doing.