Count truss objects

You could make a worksheet which should be able to do that for you. As long as the truss record is still held by the individual truss symbol, you should have no problem creating a worksheet based on that. If no truss record is attached to the symbol then you could just do a symbol count instead. 

( I don't have Christie Truss, but as this should work on any symbol or any object with the Truss record attached.)

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 09.16.14.png

Thanks. 

One more question, is there a way to get it to spit out totals by symbol rather than a single line item per symbol?  It looks like your example does what I want, but I can only get single counts.

My work around is to cut and paste it into excel and use the cell count feature.  A little ghetto but it works for now.

File path:

Spotlight

--create report

---List All (symbols)

IN VW2017, you would select a row in the database and then drag the SUM tile to the column header. Drag a second (third, etc.) SUM tile into any column that you do not want to be summed (summarized).

In 2018 this is handled in the database header row cell pull down menus. Select Summarize for the correct column. Then select Sum Values for the columns you want totaled.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 12/15/2017 at 9:41 AM, Pat Stanford said:

In 2018 this is handled in the database header row cell pull down menus. Select Summarize for the correct column. Then select Sum Values for the columns you want totaled.

I've got a Worksheet listing instances of a given PIO, summarized by a selected field.  What is the syntax for displaying the count for each summary?