Symbols not visible anymore in Resource Mgr

Dubman

My symbols in the Resource Manager are not visible anymore. I do not know what I did to cause this. I can see the labels, I can select them & insert them into the design layers and see them correctly there. Does classes turned on & off effect what you see in the resource mgr. ?

Any suggestions, I do like seeing them more than reading the labels.

Thanks.

Zoomer, I checked that & no, it is set to show all. I can see the space & label for each, but can not see the actual symbol. Like my doors, windows, & other items that I use to always see until just yesterday. Now when I select the same symbol from another file & it ask to replace & I say yes, then I can see it. Either way they do work fine when placing into the design layer and are visible.

Thanks for the suggestion !

It just did it again. I had to create a new version of a set, so I saved as the original file so I would have all of the same wall types, symbols, text, etc. Deleted what I needed on the Floor Plan layer & deleted some classes that were imported from bringing in a stage plan drawing from another person. The door symbols that keep disappearing visually, are mine with all objects in the none class that I always keep. When opening the new file this morning this is what I see in Resource Manager #1. The Resource Manager #2 is from the previous version where you can still see the symbols.

So is it that turning off other classes causes this ? 

Resource Mgr #1.jpg

Resource Mgr #2.jpg

I also find my symbol thumbnails disappearing all the time, and it's been happening for years. I've never been able to figure out the exact reasoning. It seems like class visibility can affect it, but not always as expected. Sometimes the entire thumbnail disappears even if only one of multiple applicable classes is turned off, or even if I haven't touched class visibilities. I'm pretty sure there's some sort of bug in there somewhere.

Thankfully you can always right click a symbol in the RM and choose an option under "Set Thumbnail View" to regenerate the thumbnail.

I wish there were an option to have thumbnails always show all contents of a symbol regardless of class visibility.