Elevation Z Value Units needed in Decimal Feet, not Fractional

Hi everyone,

I'm working in an imperial unit file but from a metric survey (Canada...)

The survey has given me elevation markers in decimal metres. 72.68m for example. But I'm needing to show my elevation markers in imperial. My file is set to imperial units so it's easy for me to set the Z value of an elevation marker to 70.63m and see it show up as 231'8-3/4" but I really need it to be in decimal feet - so something like 231.78'

Does anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks!

I think it would be helpful if you could list dimensions two different ways in one drawing.  In my case, as a golf course architect, I would love my centerlines in yards, so I can make a scorecard, and put those on one layer and specific class.  The rest of dimensions are in decimal feet as Andy needs.

Jim?  Add it to the wish list?

You can kind of already do with with Dual Dimensions. Just make one dimension standard that only shows the Primary unit and one that shows the Secondary unit.

You can set the primary and secondary to different precisions and different decimal/fractional.

The problem becomes when you need more that two different types of units.

@AndySmithArchI only did a quick test, but it looks like you could put the Survey and the elevations in a different file with the units set to Decimal Feet. Then reference that file into your primary file with units set to Fractional Feet/Inches. Each will stick with the unit display of that file.

Pat,

Checked into it, and seems like only the dimensions can be dually labeled, no?  We use polygons for our centerlines, and prefer to have those measured in yards to auto produce our scorecard.  Right now, our worksheet measures the polygon and divides by 3.

I have considered a separate drawing as you suggest above, referenced in and will try that if units stick.

Thanks.