Multicore processing improvement

zeno

Question

I'm very impressed with this 2018 version of Vectorworks. Style object and multiview, in collaboration with some features like stories, wall component etc. can really improve the workflow.

But..

I can't see how long must I wait for a process like for example to change a single parameter of 50 windows, all located in a single window-style. And I see that Vectorworks always work with a single core. In a 2015 MBP, I can use only 1/4 of processing power, that mens 4x time waiting for ever process?. What about the next generation of iMacPro, until 18 core? Can we imagine continue to work with only one core? Of course, during a rendering, I see that Cinerender needs all the CPU'S resources, but often I see that I lost the workflow productivity because I need wait ever that the single core going to finish the work. Sometimes I wait for 60 seconds. That's not very fine.

We can't escape from this if we think, that in a complex BIM processes we need to manipulate very very big architectural projects. Vectorworks can have a very important role for architects about this.

Can we hope to see this improvement in the future? Thanks to all and have good work.

Z

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet