Rectangle auto converts to polygons on certain modify operations

Bertf

Question

I find it the quickest way to draw a custom shape by starting with a rectangle and then adjusting accordingly. But now I always have to do the conversion first.

For example: When drawing a rectangle and trying to add vertexes with the reshape tool we first need to convert the rectangle to polygon before we can add vertexes:

image.thumb.png.21e07db927de347df385be17ed83ae5b.png

image.thumb.png.e5045b12592d3031915bf9a2513dadfd.png

image.thumb.png.0e136a3686ff4d21f9d2a9a1029fb289.png

Following operations don't work on rectangles with the reshape tool:

- Add/remove vertices

- Hide/show edges

- Change vertex mode

Is it possible to implement an auto convert to polygons when trying to do these reshapes?

Thank you,

Bert

3 answers to this question

Oddly enough, using the reshape tool to stretch the length or height of a rectangle will convert it to a polygon.  Which, ideally, it shouldn't, just as Pat says:

On 12/8/2017 at 2:36 PM, Pat Stanford said:

Yes, I agree. The Rectangle should automatically switch to a poly if the Reshape tool is used in such a way that it is no longer a rectangle. Manual intervention to make it a poly should not be required.

But, in the meantime, a rectangle can be quickly converted to a polygon by stretching one of if sides, or vertices, and then snapping it back to its original position.