Sebastiaan

Spotlight improvements to Numbering instruments

Question

I would like to propose the following improvements to numbering instruments:

- The number instruments settings window should have the ability to save and recal setting made in it. 

For instance saving a setting for DMX numbering. And saving a setting for Circuit numbering. 

- The ability to link the auto increment setting of two fields in de number instrument window. 

For instance when assigning multi cable channels to instruments. I set the circuit name to start at ‘A’ and the circuit number to start at ‘1’. When numbering the circuit name will not increment until the circuit number has reached it’s set maximum, for instance 6. So when I reach A-6, I would automatically continue at B-1. And so on. 

-Also when manually nummering instruments, each number should appear directly after each click. Right now all the numbers do not appear until you click on an empty piece of the drawing. This should be instant.

- And it would also be great to have the ability to adjust which fields are 'eligible' for use in the Number Instruments tool - i.e. it would be nice to be able to use it to directly label Purpose fields in order, without having to dump the labels into another field and then do a find/modify...

Edited by Sebastiaan

7 answers to this question

A functionality along the lines of 'saved sets' for number instruments? That'd be great! 

And it would also be great to have the ability to adjust which fields are 'eligible' for use in the Number Instruments tool - i.e. it would be nice to be able to use it to directly label Purpose fields in order, without having to dump the labels into another field and then do a find/modify...

Also when manually nummering instruments, each number should appear directly after each click. Right now all the numbers do not appear until you click on an empty piece of the drawing. This should be instant. 

10 hours ago, Dan Hoffman said:

A functionality along the lines of 'saved sets' for number instruments? That'd be great! 

And it would also be great to have the ability to adjust which fields are 'eligible' for use in the Number Instruments tool - i.e. it would be nice to be able to use it to directly label Purpose fields in order, without having to dump the labels into another field and then do a find/modify...

I Added your request to the opening post. Let’s make this threat the giant Number instrument request topic!    

I invite all to add their two cent to this topic and Inwill add them to the OP. 

definitely go for this one :The number instruments settings window should have the ability to save and recal setting made in it. 

6 hours ago, Tom M. said:

definitely go for this one :The number instruments settings window should have the ability to save and recal setting made in it. 

Thanks Tom. Don’t forget to upvote the request. The upvote button is above the opening post. :-)