Jump to content
  • 17
Sebastiaan

Spotlight improvements to Numbering instruments

Question

15 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

A functionality along the lines of 'saved sets' for number instruments? That'd be great! 

 

And it would also be great to have the ability to adjust which fields are 'eligible' for use in the Number Instruments tool - i.e. it would be nice to be able to use it to directly label Purpose fields in order, without having to dump the labels into another field and then do a find/modify...

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Also when manually nummering instruments, each number should appear directly after each click. Right now all the numbers do not appear until you click on an empty piece of the drawing. This should be instant. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
10 hours ago, Dan Hoffman said:

A functionality along the lines of 'saved sets' for number instruments? That'd be great! 

 

And it would also be great to have the ability to adjust which fields are 'eligible' for use in the Number Instruments tool - i.e. it would be nice to be able to use it to directly label Purpose fields in order, without having to dump the labels into another field and then do a find/modify...

I Added your request to the opening post. Let’s make this threat the giant Number instrument request topic!    

 

I invite all to add their two cent to this topic and Inwill add them to the OP. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

definitely go for this one :The number instruments settings window should have the ability to save and recal setting made in it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 hours ago, Tom M. said:

definitely go for this one :The number instruments settings window should have the ability to save and recal setting made in it. 

Thanks Tom. Don’t forget to upvote the request. The upvote button is above the opening post. :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

@Sebastiaan

I am alteady anticipating a release of VW 2019 and am wondering and hoping for some of my requests to be fullfilled? 

 

A saved sets and dropdown for numbering instruments would make my life more complete. And would it take a lot of coding for the vwx team? 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Upping this one one more time before vwx19 release. Please give us easier instrument numbering! 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
5 hours ago, Stephen Sorenson said:

I'd be so happy if I could start a new multi at B1 without reopening the number instruments window.

Hi Stephen, thanx! please upvote the request by clicking on the little arrow up. Above the 12. The arrow will become green and the 12 will become a 13 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

@Jim Wilson

Just looked at the clip about the new Spotlight Numbering tool in VW 2019 and at the first glance I think I ow the development team a sincere thank you! 

 

Was just wondering from the looks of it if we can still number multiple fields at once? 

 

Can’t wait to be hands on tonight! 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 minute ago, Sebastiaan said:

Was just wondering from the looks of it if we can still number multiple fields at once? 

 

Yes! However, I think in the feature video I only did a single field at a time. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 minutes ago, Jim Wilson said:

Yes! However, I think in the feature video I only did a single field at a time. 

Exactly this made me wonder. Thank you so much. Big quality improvement for me!!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×