• Announcements

• JimW

How to use the Wishlist   09/21/2016

Create a new post here, stating both what you would like to see added to Vectorworks or it's supporting systems and web pages and why you would like that change made. If you see an idea you like, press the ^ arrow to the left of the post's title to promote that idea or feel free to comment on that idea with any additional considerations or concerns you may have. 
S. Leathers

Locking Resources/Locking a File

Question

I am a Lighting and Scenic Designer. In the past everyone was fine with receiving and sharing pdf's of our drafting. Now, as each year passes the request for the actual VW file is increasing with exponential frequency. My drawings contain many resources (Symbols, Textures, Worksheets, Scripts, etc.) that I have painstakingly created over many years and frankly I do not want to put those up for grabs. These drawings may also contain Resources I have purchased or requested permission to use from other companies and individuals. Just like plug-ins and scripts can be locked, it is past due time to allow  our resources to be locked as well so they cannot be copied or imported into other drawings. The inability to do so is now putting my future work opportunities in jeopardy with several clients and companies, as they either want me to hand over the drawing or else they will go somewhere else. This should be at the forefront of the programmers to do list!

Thanks-Scott

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet