Failure loading Support Libraries (VW 2017)

mitchel.rieth

Question

4 answers to this question

did this solution work?

I have the same problem and running SP5 didn't work. I've also tried downloading and installing Vectorworks 2018, and I have the exact same problem.

I'm trying to install Vectorworks on a second Mac, I was previously running Vectorworks successfully on my old computer. Could this be a licensing issue? I've downloaded Vectorworks again from the student portal and used the same licence code as on my old computer.

cheers

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 3/10/2018 at 9:58 AM, m_goff said:

did this solution work?

I have the same problem and running SP5 didn't work. I've also tried downloading and installing Vectorworks 2018, and I have the exact same problem.

I'm trying to install Vectorworks on a second Mac, I was previously running Vectorworks successfully on my old computer. Could this be a licensing issue? I've downloaded Vectorworks again from the student portal and used the same licence code as on my old computer.

cheers

Normally if the above fails, then the issue is that the application was moved out of the application folder, or that the hard drive or user name for the current active account include nonstandard characters or punctuation, is that the case on your machine? If not, reply back with the following as well and I can take a closer look:

@JimW @m_goff 

Sorry it took so long for me to reply, but I just found the solution today while getting a few other programs to work.

I had previously reset my Mac and re-partitioned the hard drive. During that process, I somehow managed to set the partition to be case sensitive, causing libraries of various programs (I had a similar issue with Nexum Capture and Steam) to not load or be found. I fixed the partition and reinstalled everything and now it works.

Edited by mitchel.rieth