Fixtures with Multiple Source

djobbins

Hey guys,

I'm cooking up some new renderings for my company using Chauvet FXBs and other similar fixtures.  I'm trying to figure out how to get them to render accurately w/ lit fog.  These fixtures have multiple heads built into one unit so having just one beam of light coming out of it doesn't really look right in the rendering.

Thanks!

This is currently not possible with the Spotlight Instrument tool. However, depending on what you are trying to achieve, there is no reason why you can't duplicate the symbol and make a Light Symbol from the fixture symbol.

If you want to do this then I would

1. duplicate the symbol and rename it.
  2. Remove the attached records
  3. Edit the 3D portion of the symbol and add the requisite number of light emitters

I cannot find the exact instrument you are referring to in the libraries, but this is an approximation to show you what you could achieve. By doing this you will be removing all of the Spotlight Data functionality so this is more for director/client renderings rather than more practical light plot drafting.

This kind of rendering functionality is available in Vision but the quality of output is nowhere near the quality of Renderworks. 

Below is a very quick render to show you what is possible in a few minutes.

Screen_Shot_2017-12-07_at_11_05_33.png