Round to Square extrude...

I need to create a shape that starts at the top in a round shape and ends at the bottom in a square shape. Similar to the coffee mug I'm showing here. When I try a Multiple Extrude, it gets disjointed. I'm also attaching the result of the Multiple Extrude. I did try it with a rounded corner square at the bottom but with the same results.Can someone explain the best way to go about this shape? Thanks all.

b11bc395-cf79-4cbe-ae63-85d96de5c2a1.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 3.02.35 PM.png

Steven,

Markdd's answer is definitely the best approach and you'll get a much better result. However just so you know how to correct the situation you encountered with the Multiple Extrude, here are the steps -

1. Select your multiple extrude.
  2. Use Modify>Edit Multiple Extrude to enter back into your base shapes.
  3. Rotate one of the base shapes until it corrects the issue. In your case either rotate the circle clockwise or rotate the square counter-clockwise. Note that a circles "alignment" is related to the angle at which the handle appears on the circle's face, like a clock.

Kevin

5a2708d056e71_ScreenShot2017-12-05at12_54_49PM.thumb.png.a288ba6bbffd98f20c7a313b6769a495.png