Wesley Burrows

Spotlight - Audio Tool Set 2018 SP2 Can Crash VW

Question

My template file defaults to inserting an 8 down EV XLD-281 line array.   Say I want it to actually be 5 down and XLD-181s for my particular case.   So,  I change the box type to 181s from my saved library and then go to the Array tab.   Since I'm after a 5 down and it looks like removing the top 3 boxes gets me close to the angle I want (selected in blue below)  if you hit "Delete Bumper(s) or Speaker(s) with these selected Vectorworks will immediately crash/exit.    It seems to only actually want you to delete from the bottom up.

image.thumb.png.d50de5d274eb123e38c40183e4b044b9.png

Edited by Wesley Burrows

9 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Wesley Burrows said:

The bug submit for seems to be down,   @C. Andrew Dunning, you might be a better person to report this to.  

This should be working as of today, did it fail for you recently?

Just now, JimW said:

This should be working as of today, did it fail for you recently?

I hadn't tried today,  my mistake.    I honestly think it has been a few days.  Got absorbed in a project and forgot to follow up.

2 minutes ago, Wesley Burrows said:

I hadn't tried today,  my mistake.    I honestly think it has been a few days.  Got absorbed in a project and forgot to follow up.

Please let me know if it doesnt work for you today! It was just fixed a few hours ago but was down for a number of weeks.

5 hours ago, Wesley Burrows said:

Thanks to whoever added 10.13.x as an OS option :-) 

I'm super excited to read that was added! :)

KM

Tech support was able to replicate the issue and this has been submitted to engineering for a fix.   I don't have a bug # though.  @JimWI think this can move to known issues.     I don't know if you can locate a bug # for it, for reference.