Alex U

landscpe printing

Question

Issues with printing landscape A1 to A3 docs at 50% after installing High Sierra and SP4. The page is set up as normal but the print or pdf reverts from landscape to portrait despite the page beng set to 1:1 ratio etc. This basicall means that any landscape file only prints portrait. Any clues how to fill this?

6 answers to this question

Do you happen to have an Epson printer? I had many reports of this from that brand after the High Sierra update. If you attempt to print landscape at the same size from another application, does the same issue occur?

In most cases, these issues were corrected by manually installing the latest printer drivers from the printer manufacturer.

Hi Jim,

We have Toshiba printers and they are pretty new. Interestingly my collegue has the same setup and they have no issues at all, all a bit strange.

If you attempt to print landscape at the same size from another application, does the same issue occur?

Hi Jim,

No, it only happens in vectorworks, we use loads of apps inc adobe suite, no problem with thse at all.

This is after manually installing the latest driver for the printer on this machine? The machine/printer being new wont always be related to the driver rev you're currently using. 

If so, check with tech@vectorworks.net and they should be able to get you sorted out.

Thanks Jim,

I will check it out. Im pretty sure that I have the latest driver for the printers but I will try installing them again if I have or installing and updated version.