z Value movement

NikF

Question

Hello,

one problem occurs when I'd like to move an object in the side view in z direction, at same time the object moves in x and y direction (some times) as well. I tried already the T key (German Version) but it does not 100% works as needed.

Therefore it would be a very nice improvement when we move something in the side view in z direction it will be just z direction and nothing else. Actually it's logical, but...

Would appreciate to see  this improvement soon.

Thank you in advance!

Nik

6 answers to this question

This is possible now. If you are using snaps then you need to be careful what Drawing Plane you are using. I find that if you just want to move in a Z direction then a simple Orthoganal Left, Right, Front Back SCREEN plane is best for that. If you are using snaps then when using any other planes the object will snap to the found snap point and that is probably the root of the problem. 

Also, try the Move command and the Move 3D command. The combination of these tools should solve any problems you are having.

I agree, it might be helpful if it was easier to constrain to moving in a particular axis whatever plane you are on.

11 hours ago, Christiaan said:

as an aside, if you're moving by a fixed amount then Modify > Move > Move 3D is great

Thank you, I know that. For me and a lot of others I guess it would beneficial to move parts in the direction I want to move it.

Side view just Z-axes, Top view x and y. 3D view x, y and z. Would be quiet easy....