Worksheet loosing row height

Ben Wingrove

Question

I am using a worksheet function to automatically display symbols in the key.

I set the row height to 16 points and my image is set to 15 points, if extra symbols are added to the drawing upon re-calculating the worksheet  the new rows are defaulting to auto fit!

is there an overall option somewhere that I am overlooking or is this a bug?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 4.48.53 PM.png

5 answers to this question

I don't think you are overlooking anything, but I think you need to submit this as an Enhancement Request rather than as a bug.

My guess is that when the specification for worksheets was written, there was nothing in the spec to say that rows should use anything other than Automatic row height. So if you submit as a bug it will likely come back as WAD (Working as Designed).

I agree this would be a nice change to have made.

Hopefully I am wrong and there is a way around this that someone will point out to us both. @michaelkany ideas?

Hi Pat

I'm seeing it, too.  (I always have my symbols image set to a scale so having the rows set to auto height works for me.)

In this case I would probably try to write a script that resets the row height before printing.  Or whenever it really bugs you. :-)

I used to have one that turned off all the database headers that I kept in the File menu right next to print and publish.  Maybe I could modify that one to take care of this.

If I try you will certainly me crashing around in the VS forum.

Please submit an Enhancement Request.

PS.  Wouldn't you love to get a peak at the specification for worksheets?