Convert Solid Section to Wall

ronbjr

Hi There, 

I'm still a newb to 3d creation, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have created walls for a model of a new home build. The roof of the home is a tall A-frame style roof. I have used the Split tool to cut my angles for the roof line. After cutting the walls, they all become Solid Sections. Is there a way to convert them back to a walls or should I be doing this a different way? All of the selected walls in the attached image have been converted to Solid Sections.

Thanks, 

Ron

Screen_Shot_2017-12-04_at_5_59.15_PM.png

@ronbjrthere is a way to keep your walls walls and make these peaks.  Your walls will need at least one component.  In the pic attached you will see on the left side Component Top and Component Bottom and in each of those sections a check box "Follow Top or Bottom Wall Peaks"  This will allow you to double click the wall and activate the "Reshape tool"  select the "+" symbol to add another node to the wall.  Select in your case the upper left or upper right node and drag it up and over to create the peak.  Voila.

Your wall will continue to behave as designed.  You can change the length, add openings, further modify your peaks etc.

Hope this helps.

ScreenHunter_53 Dec. 05 08.23.jpg

ScreenHunter_54 Dec. 05 08.27.jpg

ScreenHunter_55 Dec. 05 08.28.jpg

ScreenHunter_56 Dec. 05 08.28.jpg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi ronbjr,

Have you tried using the fit walls to objects command under the AEC menu?  That will create the peaks for you automatically, once the roof is in place.  Just draw the walls, place the roof, then use the "fit walls to objects" on walls where you have gables.  Or as an alternative, you can go into the roof settings, and check "show wall" where you are using gables.

• 2 weeks later...