VW2018 SP2: Multiple View Panes unusable in converted file

line-weight

Question

I've got a drawing that I've converted from VW2017 to 2018 (this drawing started life several versions ago)

When I enable multiple view panes, create a floating pane, make that one top/plan view and the main one perspective OpenGL view, the navigation in the OpenGL pane goes completely haywire. Any adjustment of the view using a 3dconnextion device or via the zoom scroll wheel on the mouse sends everything off into the far distance (I think - the result is in any case, it's impossible to see or navigate the model).

I've tried making a new blank file, drawing some simple objects, and doing the same thing, and I don't get the same problem.

Any suggestions as to what is happening / how to fix it?

5 answers to this question

Ok: I think I may have found where the problem is - I use saved views quite a lot, to switch viewpoints and visibilities. In some of these, the "restore unified view" checkbox is ticked. It seems that a couple of these restore unified view to "off". I've checked opening the same file in VW2017; the same applies but it doesn't seem to cause problems when there are no multiple view panes.

For now I've unchecked the "restore unified view" boxes and will see how things go.