Help VW 2018 has no page

MartinFahrer

Question

I am starting work at ABC on Tuesday to draft a set.  I wanted to make sure my laptop and VW were working smoothly.  I started VW multiple times and I end up with the screen attached.  My work space was blacked out, then I updated and it was grayed out.  I can see that the tools work but don't see the work space.  Any ideas??  I changed VW Display Preferences to best compatibility and the middle one.  No difference.  It opens fine in low res 1366 x 768 but looks like crap.  I changed no settings.

Broken VW 2018.JPG

Edited by MartinFahrer

5 answers to this question

46 minutes ago, markdd said:

There is nothing unusual about what you are seeing. You will need to create a new document from the file menu.

There is a setting in preferences about opening a new document on startup. You must have yours unchecked.

I tried opening a new document and the new document was the same gray.  if I zoom in and out, I see the scroll bars reacting.  I will look into the no new document setting. first time this has happened with the same rig.  Laptop set up to a Kensington SD3500v Universal USB 3.0 Dual Display Docking Station (K33972US) with 27" asus monitor and a Hunion Display tablet.  It was working fine then this happened.

I was using a docking station to have 3 monitors on my work laptop.  I think the windows 10 update is the culprit since Photoshop and illustrator both had the same issue.  Must be a USB 3 issue with the update and my video driver on my lap top  I am trying an upgraded machine that has 3 video outs native and a true graphics card.  when I am using that I will update my signature.