Stopping a rendering

Kaare Baekgaard

Question

How is this still an issue?

I am waiting for VW to stop re-rendering a scene for the umpteenth time, because I accidentally made a slight swipe on the mouse, as the rendering started, and that is a very bad thing.

I have hit escape and command-period a few dozen times and yelled at the computer, but to no avail. I would force-quit if it wasn't for the fact, that I have failed to save for a while, and the auto-saves never ever regenerate objects with complex histories, and for some reason I still cannot deselect the completely unnecessary compression of autosaves.

So I wish I could just stop those goddang renderings, I don't think it is too much to ask.

Ahrrr.

9 answers to this question

On 3/12/2017 at 6:18 AM, Andy Broomell said:

Agreed that there should never be an instance where you can't stop a render. It's gotten better over the years, but it still happens.

But to double check, if you're doing a lot of rendering, have you tried rendering with sheet layer viewports?

Yes, I do both types. But for large and heavy jobs viewports do not consistently render the scene correctly.

11 hours ago, Andy Broomell said:

Interesting. How so?

There are three or four types of errors, but knowing that they are there, I don't go looking for them, so I cannot give a complete writeup.

Two different errors in lighting, black background instead of white, the new shadowcatcher texture does not work in viewports and alpha channel fail – are among them

Edited by Kaare Baekgaard
8 hours ago, mjm said:

I am actually experiencing this problem with sheet layer viewports right now. Even for light renders 2018 is failing with some regularity in Viewport renders. not very complex scenes, with relatively few light sources.

I can sometimes fix this issue by changing the render mode from 'final quality renderworks' to 'custom renderworks' with the same settings.