Seeking Mac Vectorworks Fundamentals 2013 (or 2014)

— F O U N D    VW 2013 —

I'm interested in a Mac version of Vectorworks Fundamentals 2013 (or possibly 2014).

I'm in the USA and have been stuck at VW 9.5.3 on a PowerBook G4 running 10.4.77 for a long time.

I've just acquired an iMac running El Capitan 10.11.6. Unfortunately, I have very little money to spend on upgrading and with my simple needs, and at age 70, I can't justify spending much to upgrade VW.  If you are willing and able to help me take a little step forward, though, I would greatly appreciate it.

I started with MiniCad 3 on a Mac Plus back in 1987.

Edited by Carl Karasti
Added note that I found what I was seeking
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 01/12/2017 at 7:06 AM, Carl Karasti said:

I started with MiniCad 3 on a Mac Plus back in 1987.

You'd think the Vectorworks fairy godmother would wave her wand for you. 

Would be nice to see a little honest appreciation of the people who used and evangelised (because we all did in those days) MiniCad over the competition in the early days. 

I too have that 'pedigree'. MiniCad was such a leap from ClarisCad (yes, I said it) and I wanted to share that with everybody I met that was still using drawing boards, scratchy paper and rotring pens  - the development to today's offering is worlds away. Such is progress (thankfully !) 

Haha - I feel like Iike I should be adding "you youngsters don't know............"

( no, I'm not after a freebie! )

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Jim.  I had found this series of videos and started watching a bit.  Just jumping in and starting to use VW 2013 has been going pretty well and I'm well on my way to figuring out what I'm doing in this version.  Customizing my keyboard commands to suit my old habits will quickly get me back on track doing productive work again.  I really don't need a lot of the new features for what I do, which is pretty simple compared to what a lot of users are doing.  I basically just wanted a version that would run on El Capitan on my "new" used iMac.

Actually, I was watching the VW 2013 Architect series of videos ...

http://www.vectorworks.net/training/2013/getting-started-guides/architect/

Edited by Carl Karasti
Added a link to the 2013 videos
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Ciao Carl,

I am very pleased to see you here. I remember you very well from a rather remote past ... making something out of VW logs...the Time Clock! here it is. Welcome back!

You won't remember me, it was many alias names away. I don't even remember myself which one I used then.

:)

_c_

• Like 1

Thanks, _c_.  Yes, Time Clock is one of my many scripting efforts.  I was a bit amaze and pleased to see that it still worked just as it was now when I plugged it into VW 2013.  That hasn't been the case with some of my commands that have failed due to ancient custom dialog code.  Interestingly, though, some of my old dialogs still do work, though I'm not sure why.  I haven't spent enough time investigating yet to figure out why some are working and others are not.

How kind of you to remember me and my Time Clock.  🙂

Carl

Carl, jump back in! You'll love it! 

Vectorscript evolved quite a lot since then and it's lot of fun. We have the Developer wiki now, a little obsolete but still of great usage is also Vectorlab.info. And the community shifted more into this forum rather than the v-list.

And if you are wiser than me, you'll do the jump into Phyton right now rather than later.

_c_

• Like 1

I have already dabbled in editing some of my prior scripts so I can continue to use them with VW 2013.  My main focus, however, was customizing keyboard commands and tool keys so I could get back to being productive.  I have looked at the Developer wiki and Vectolab already and will undoubtedly refer to them more in the future.

Unfortunately, though, I won't be able to jump into Python because that is only available in VW 2014 and newer versions.  So, I'll just stick with Vectorscript for what little scripting I might still do, whether for practical purposes or for entertainment.  My brain definitely does like to do a bit of programming from time to time, as yours obviously must, also.