Sorting rows in spreadsheet ?

Dubman

I have added unit sizes and & quantities in the VW spreadsheet & now want to sort the units based on unit size. I can select the rows with the info & right mouse click to see the sort option with ascending & descending but those options are grayed out & not available. How is this suppose to work? How can I reorganize the list in ascending order?

I can not find anything on this under the spread sheet help nor in the VW help, but I can see the option I want to use and can not select it.

Thanks for any suggestion!  

The SORT commands in the worksheet only apply to Database Rows, not to Spreadsheet Rows. Did you enter the data manually or did you create a database?

If you have a database, you should be able to select one or more database rows or the database header row and select the sort you want for that column. You can also use the disclosure triangle in the database header row cell to open the dialog box that lets you set the cell formula, sort order and summarization options for that column.

I don't know of a way to sort Spreadsheet Rows, but I am certain that a script could be written to do so.

Thanks, but yes I just entered the info, so to use the Database it has to be linked to objects in the drawing file, or that is the way I understand it.

I just re did the spread sheet by hand. I even tried to export it into Excel & was not able to sort of numbers there either.

Go figure!