Trackball Trouble in v 11.0.0

Hello

I am running Windows 2000 Pro on an IBM clone.

I have been using Kensington Expert Mouses - Meeses (TRACKBALLS) for years and am now using a FABULOUS #7 with Mouseworks v6.0.3.

Many of my programmed buttons no longer actuate in Vectorworks.

I contacted Kensington and they rather tersely told me it was a problem with Vectorworks, NOT them... I'm not so sure.

Are there any trackball wizards out there who have encountered and worked around this problem?

Tyler

I am also running a Expert mieesees version 5. It's buttons work fine in 11 once I figured out the methodology to program them. Kensington's tech support is among the worst out there. It's too bad they have a good product.

One of my buttons is sticking and I have been condemplating buying another brand because of the poor tech support. They need to take a lesson from VW about how to do tech support. (Mark, Katie, etc. don't get swelled heads)

[smile]

Drivers are up to date, sadly.

The last version things were really smooth was 8.5x and Windows 98

10&11 have more keyboard shortcuts included, so I wonder if that might be an issue, still even with telling mouseworks to perform "Alt+F,A" (to generate the "save as" screen) it will not actuate. Key in those keystrokes yourself and the right thing happens.

I have trouble believing this is a Vectorworks

issue, however, since mouseworks lets you use Control, Alt and Shift to create more click combinatiions, AND VW11 also uses them with keyboard shortcuts perhaps mouseworks is getting shut out.

Any thoughts are good thoughts. Thanks!

POST (trackballs) I would still recommend the new Number 7. The scroll ring alone is worth the cost!

Tyler

I know when I programmed my trackball, with certain key combinations, it was more difficult to get the trackball software to accurately produce the right information to VW. I experienced much the same problem it sounds like you have. I could keyboard the shortcut, but the same command programmed into mouseworks would not work. Sometimes I would need to reenter the command several times before it would work.

OPPORTUNE INDEED!

Kensington is Beta testing Mouseworks 6.1!

I have downloaded it, and since I am a beta tester, can bring up this issue with the programmers!

...hopefully.

I have some ideas for them that I'm SURE they are just itching to hear [Embarrassed] ).

AND HERE IS HOPING.

Tyler