Align and Distribute Items tool not working

AndrewCL

Question

So I'm kind of at a loss, the Align and Distribute Items tool  isn't recognizing selected objects. I've tried restarting the computer and I've made sure I'm on the correct layer and class. Has anyone else ran into this issue, and know of a solution?  Potentially useful notes: The objects are extrusions and this is in reference to the spotlight tool specifically.

Thank you in advance.

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

"Align and Distribute Items" is a tool and geared towards Spotlight and the specific needs of those object types.

"Align/Distribute" is a command and is what is generally used on solids, polys, etc that aren't intended to be attached to other items.

I also find the nomenclature confusing.

This -

7 hours ago, klinzey said:

You can use Modify>Align>Align/Distribute... menu command to to align extrudes and other objects.

And this -

19 minutes ago, Alan Woodwell said:

Hi, unless i am missing the point i use Align Distribute Ctr+= all the time to do extrudes. 

Are the same. You can also right click with multiple objects selected and you will be given a contextual submenu for Align/Distribute.

As Jim says the similarity in name to "Align and Distribute Items" in the Spotlight toolset can be confusing.

Kevin