• Announcements

• JimW

How to use the Wishlist   09/21/2016

Create a new post here, stating both what you would like to see added to Vectorworks or it's supporting systems and web pages and why you would like that change made. If you see an idea you like, press the ^ arrow to the left of the post's title to promote that idea or feel free to comment on that idea with any additional considerations or concerns you may have. 
ThreeDot

Workspace Editor Organization

Question

Revamping the Vectorworks interface may be a long-term project, but in the short term, it would be helpful if the menu and tool lists in the Workspace Editor weren't so disorganized. The tool list, in particular, seems totally random and disorganized. Why is Move Page the only item under 2D Tools? Why is Marionette, and advanced tool, the only item under Basic? Why are their separate categories for Object and Objects, each containing one arbitrary item? Why is Leader Line, one of the primary annotation tools for most users, hidden under Welding Symbols?

On the positive side, I really like the relatively new "Recent Changes" category, but it would be nice if new tools and depreciated tools were listed by version.

I've been a Vectorworks user since MiniCAD, and I can sort of see how shifting paradigms over the years have lead to an unstructured list. Providing order to this list might begin to provide structure to the how tools are organized in the workspace.

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 12.59.27 PM.png

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet