python plugin object from marionette plugin object

Hello,

I have created a marionette plugin object. I need the object to run in pre marionette VW versions, and I'd quite like to lock down the marionette network so it does not break anyway. From marionette , its possible to save the marionette script as a Python script, and sure enough it generates a python script for me. 

However, when I run the script, it creates a single instance of the object using all the default parameters. I need the script work as a plugin object with the same parametric functionality, only without it being a marionette object.

Is this easy? am I missing a simple step here? Or is it actually quite complicated to generate the object info controls???

Also, I think I recall python only coming in to vector works around 2012? So I'm guessing even the python script would not work for older legacy versions?

Thanks

Rob

Hello,

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I've been through this and it is incredibly helpful. I feel 75% of the way through. I need something slightly different, and I'm hoping its as easy as adding the P into to the script.

I have the a python script Point object now in my work space (its a point object script in my case, not a tool script) - this is all worked out from the example. In Alan's example, he is able to call on the parameters at creation, but if you look 6:04 in the video, it does not bring those parameters into the OIP for change after creation? For my point object, this is needed.

Also, I have set up several sliders and pop ups in my marionette script. I really need these to come through to the point object, as they appear in the marionette object? 

Is this possible? I think its the sliders that are will not work?

Thanks again for any help.

Edited by RDS Casa