Excluding objects from Worksheets not working!

I use a worksheet on my front page to inventory all used fixtures, video elements, truss and soft goods.

Sometimes we have to create multiple versions of an object to show different positions, I tried to attach a record to the extra objects called "Hide from Inventory" thinking that if I include a criteria in the worksheet for the record "Hide from Inventory" not being present it would be a quick way of excluding extra objects without having to constantly re edit the worksheet.

Alas it did not work, is there another way to accomplish this or am I going about this the wrong way? I have included a screen grab of my worksheet Criteria, there are 12 screen objects, 6 have the "Hide from Inventory" record attached, 6 do not!

Thanks

B

5a1b202da9c54_ScreenShot2017-11-26at12_09_53PM.thumb.png.fe44abdfa429fe9bb81d0a0a82e365c3.png

Pat is better at parsing these things than I am.  But I think it currently reads something like this.

An object meets the criteria if it meets all of the following conditions.

1.  Record VS40-LED is attached

2.  The field 'VS4-LED'.'ConfRef' = ' Overall Dimensions and Spacing  OR  the field 'Hide From Inventory'.'Hidden' = FALSE

3.  Layer is not *UNUSED*

I think if you change the '|' to '&' it will do what you want.

To change it get to the edit criteria like where you took your screen shot.  Hit Cancel.  Now you can edit the criteria directly in the data bar.

OK So I took @michaelk's idea of changing the '|' to '&' but instead i told it to search for the "Hide from Inventory' record to not be present instead of the actual field value.

That worked :D

Only problem now is if someone unchecked the "HIDDEN" field value instead of removing the record all together it won't work ¬¬

At least it will get me off to a start.

It is a shame you can't add user fields to built in objects, I added a Show In Inventory checkbox to the Lighting Device Objects (Spotlight) and that works like a charm.

5a208097e064e_ScreenShot2017-11-30at2_04_45PM.thumb.png.b88deaedb79dff3f1a27ba7cc68a08f5.png

5a208097e064e_ScreenShot2017-11-30at2_04_45PM.thumb.png.b88deaedb79dff3f1a27ba7cc68a08f5.png