• Announcements

• JimW

How to use the Wishlist   09/21/2016

Create a new post here, stating both what you would like to see added to Vectorworks or it's supporting systems and web pages and why you would like that change made. If you see an idea you like, press the ^ arrow to the left of the post's title to promote that idea or feel free to comment on that idea with any additional considerations or concerns you may have. 
martinfdc

Automatic Camera Vertical Tilt Correction

Question

Hi,

It would be very useful that the Vectorworks camera would have a feature that allows one to make sure that all vertical lines are vertical. Similar to what a perspective correction lens does in a real camera. With this new tool we could make sure that all of our renders come out with completely vertical lines and a great perspective instead of one that is deformed. It would also make things faster as one would need to fiddle less with the camera in order to get vertical lines.

I attach a photo that makes clear what I'm talking about. I took the images from V-Ray for Cinema 4D Manual: http://vrayc4d.com/live/vrayforc4d-manual/vray-physical-camera/vray-physical-camera-examples/ V-Ray has automatic vertical tilt correction.

Hope this gets implemented!

Vertical Tilt Correction.jpg

1 answer to this question

Often wished ...

I chime in.

As a Workaround for Viewport Renderings,

set a camera with same Z for standpoint + target,

move your crop frame vertically afterwards.

(Doesn't allow much camera changing and will easily corrupt your view)