New way to update Workspace(s)

Jim Smith

Question

I'd like a new way to improve the migration from old to new versions of Vectorworks. Here's what I mean:

- I would like an interface upon opening the new version of VW to ask "Do you wish to import Controls to a copy of the active Workspace?" The issue now is a choice between not getting the benefit of many new controls in say the Architect Workspace and the many quick commands one may have been using for years. I would suggest that in this opening conflicts between the AS SHIPPED quick commands & the commands one is used to would be identified and one would choose to resolve these conflicts.

- A second interface would be to import the spell check dictionary from the previous version of VW. This is just a pain right now, for example the first time running the spell check one has to run through hundreds of common things VW doesn't understand such as: "2x4, 16mm, conc., soffit (!), colour" et cetera . It would be so much better to be able to import the previous spell check dictionary. [-As an aside, is there a way to change or correct a mistake that may have slipped into the dictionary?]  

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet