Title Block 2018

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Select the Text in Title Block object, then near the bottom of its Object Info palette, check "Link Value" and then you can pick from the list.

This series covers the other basics of the new Title Block Border:

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/articles.html/articles/how-to/title-block-borders-vectorworks-2018-and-later-r746/

Hi Jim, I see that is how it is supposed to work, but it looks like the link between the Sheet's title and the Sheet Title field in the Title Block Manager has been broken.  The Title Block Manager field is a user editable field, and if you type something in there it breaks that link and there seems to be no way to restore it so that the Sheet Title takes over again.

This was an import Title Block from 2017, but if I create a new title block and modify the Sheet Title field it breaks that link and the same result happens.

Thoughts?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you click Title Block Border Settings from the title block border object's object info palette and then edit the Project and Sheet values from there (NOT using Title Block Manager) does the same issue recur?

If so, please post a file where it does so here, the newly created test one is fine.

Hi Jim, I did find a fix.  If you delete the title block and re-drop the block from the Style it reaffirms the link.  Attached is an empty file with a title block where the update between Sheet Title and Sheet Number is broken.

The fields in the manager should be greyed out or something to indicate that they are linked to a field somewhere and shouldn't be changed.

title block example.vwx