Error loading Vision Library

nahekul

Question

After a recent update, our office has been getting this error message "Error loading Vision Library" when loading Vectorworks 2018.

Clicking OK solves the issue but don't understand why this needs to show up every time. 

We do not have a Vision Library or work with the Vision software to begin with. 

Is there a way to disable the Vision Library?

5a14784e6aa44_ScreenShot2017-11-21at11_01_57AM.thumb.png.09bcfc1bdf00c4f70b3afde7c7a9c27b.png

I am having the same problem, except the error message appears outside of VW20.  It pops up repeatedly, even when I am not running VW.  About 3 times so far.  I don’t use it either.  

I am not buying the next version of VW because it is an expensive ripoff with little benefit , which means that service will end, so I may delete it from my apps.

@Oliver Hauser @BenG 

The solution was posted by @Jeremy Best on March 3, 2019. I am reposting here for your reference:

1. Quit Vectorworks 2019

2. Go to: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Vectorworks 2019

3. Select and copy these three folders:

⁃  Gobos

⁃  Library

⁃  textures

4. Go to: Macintosh HD/Applications/Vectorworks 2019/Vision and paste them in.

5. Reopen Vectorworks. 

@Sky 

This AM when I started my computer, the Vision Library error message was the first thing on my screen.  When I went into the Applications folder, a Vision Library App was outside the VW20 folder.  I deleted it.  

Then I looked inside the VW20 folder and saw a folder called VW Cloud Services and another called Vision.  I don’t know the function of either, but we will see what happens. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@BenG It's very strange that you are getting the error when not launching Vectorworks. When you check your task manager does it show Vectorworks running? Do you have any 3rd party launcher utilities installed?

The process should be started when launching Vectorworks, it doesn't start up on it's own.

The odd thing is that this occurance started several weeks ago with no changes to my VW software.  I have allowed several Mac files to update (calendar, etc), not related to VW.   Several days ago, it appeared right after I stared my Mac.  No other programs were running, only the Finder. When I deleted the Vision app, it all stopped.