Service Pack 2 for Vectorworks 2018 Released

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

SP2 for Vectorworks 2018 is out now! You should be able to download this through Check for Updates, but you can also find a summary of corrections and the download HERE as well.

This was a major one, nearly 500 fixed bugs!

If you have questions about any of the fixes, or after updating you still encounter an issue that was marked as fixed, please don't hesitate to reply with details below.

Just now, Patrick Fritsch said:

SP2 installed fine but I got this message? Not sure what the effects are so FYI only. I did correct my files where the origin marker in the screen rulers was not available.

Capture.PNG

It's ok to click ok.   There was a post somewhere that said basically there is a new preference setting that didn't exist previously which triggered that warning.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Matt Overton said:

Space objects are now joy enriched with many many beach balls of death.

Any change double beach ball about 8-10 secs each. so 20secs inactive per change.

Even in new files, or this is a specific file behaving this way? I was not able to replicate this on a few upgraded files or in a new blank one.

8 hours ago, JimW said:

Even in new files, or this is a specific file behaving this way? I was not able to replicate this on a few upgraded files or in a new blank one.

New files a still get a clear stutter like it has returned control but then grabs it back. Neither pause is a enough to beach ball, both are worse if object has transparency.

Problem gets distinctly worse as the you work with files with more geometry on another visible layer. Even if I add a space for the first time to a reasonably complex file. I get a clear stutter. Testing a number of files that had spaces pre service pack 2 and stutter becomes greater to the point of beach balling.

On 12/7/2017 at 5:50 PM, Matt Overton said:

New files a still get a clear stutter like it has returned control but then grabs it back. Neither pause is a enough to beach ball, both are worse if object has transparency.

Problem gets distinctly worse as the you work with files with more geometry on another visible layer. Even if I add a space for the first time to a reasonably complex file. I get a clear stutter. Testing a number of files that had spaces pre service pack 2 and stutter becomes greater to the point of beach balling.

Before that, I'd recommend resetting preferences. I have a couple Space-heavy files here that myself and a few QA members can't replicate the slowness in and they suspect it might be an issue with your user plugin prefs.