Possible bug with show unit mark?

Mark666

Question

Hi, updated to 2018 SP1. The option - show unit mark within document settings/units, keeps turning itself on randomly. Its happening with drawings created within this new version and with old. Ive tried to find out what is causing it but it seems completely random at times although I can get it to turn itself back on if I go into edit title block border settings and back out.

This is certainly a bug that is bugging me as I'm turning it off nearly every 10 mins at times.

Thanks

14 answers to this question

You can (and should) create your own template file that you choose

when creating a new document.

You save a file as a template with the *.sta ending at the proper place (see help)

that contains your Units or any other settings as you like. You can go further

and add anything you will always need, like Layers/Classes, all kind of Standards

and Styles, ....

7 minutes ago, zoomer said:

You can (and should) create your own template file that you choose

when creating a new document.

You save a file as a template with the *.sta ending at the proper place (see help)

that contains your Units or any other settings as you like. You can go further

and add anything you will always need, like Layers/Classes, all kind of Standards

and Styles, ....

^This

Plus... if you name the template Default.sta then it should be the default template that opens when you start Vectorworks if you have set "Create a new document on startup" to active in the preferences.

Hi and thanks for the replies.

I am using a template saved with the option turned off. When I open this template, it is indeed turned of but it is still turning itself back on at random times.

My 2 colleagues in my office who are also using the same version, are experiencing exactly the same problem, and we all have our own template.

Cheers

On 11/22/2017 at 12:54 PM, MRD Mark Ridgewell said:

In VW2018, this defaults to display 'mm' in workspace. Beggining to bug me having to turn it off on every new drawing.

I'm sure there's an easier way..anyone know how?

thankyou!

More certain than ever this is a bug - just edited a chain line dimension (in viewport annotation) and it turns on the 'mm' display setting for a drawing in which it is set to off?!

Is this happening to anyone else?

It has drove me nuts as it would turn on without me realising until I had published and printed so this week I got in touch with support. This was their response - 

Thank you for your support query, this is a known bug within Vectorworks 2018 which has been submitted to the engineering team in the US. We are hoping this will be fixed within future service packs for Vectorworks 2018. 

We do not have an ETA as yet on the bug but are hoping this will be fixed soon. 

At least I'm not going crazy and it has been recognised, just hope it gets sorted soon.

Hi,

We're having the same problem for all 5 of us in our department. Also having a similar problem where the "Separate Sheet Views" will be randomly toggled off temporarily - for example, I go to edit a sheet layer, go back to a design layer, and the view has moved as if it's turned off, but when I check this preference it's still toggled on.

Looking forward to this being fixed in future service packs!

Hi Katharine,

I feel your pain and thankfully haven't come across the separate sheet view bug yet. Think that one would drive me even more crazy!

The show unit mark is happening for me more frequent now and even though we are making a conscious effort to try and stop it, its still getting through to the printed drawings!

I'm also now struggling big time with opening Vectorworks because of the loading bug when it gets to 'checking activation'. It once took me half an hour to get it to open!

Think I'm going to go back to 2017.