Jim Smith

Is VW Help not working now?

Question

I'm now taken to a different help page - it's blank save for Vectorworks across the top & a box to type a question - et - ne marche pas!

12 answers to this question

Hi Neil,

It was working for me a couple of days ago, & I thought maybe it was an interweb thing.  

This is what I get, & typing a question does not off an answer:

vw broke.jpeg

It works here on Windows. Do you perhaps script or ad blocking activated in your browser since last time you visited the online help? It may sometimes prevent content from loading.

It's my turn @Jim Smith! I see what you mean... This is what I am getting in Safari right now...

5a14b26942ebe_ScreenShot2017-11-21at3_07_39PM.thumb.png.4be8922b554dfd82b88d0e35aa6d1cb8.png

It was working earlier today, but now it's not. 

In Chrome however, I get this right now...

5a14b2db4c4bf_ScreenShot2017-11-21at3_12_05PM.thumb.png.7256e60ca78fe5950701ce48293bd8c3.png

I'm not sure why, but perhaps @JimWknows? 

Whatever the case, try an alternate browser and see what the result is for you.

It works for me in Safari.

It just needed a few seconds to load the content.

I also tried the german version, which took even a bit longer.

Also search works for me, while not being very fast either.

2 hours ago, NeilB said:

I'm not sure why, but perhaps @JimWknows? 

Well in my highly technical opinion thats because CHROME RULES EVERYONE ELSE DROOLS.

I'll file a bug on it, Safari may have some types of content blocked by default now for security reasons. I don't THINK the Help uses any sort of Flash but it might use something else with similar stigma.

LOL!

I think you might be right about something being blocked/altered by/in/to Safari. The formatting of what is actually remaining in the Safari version also looks wonky ( < official technical term)

I've made sure that cookies were allowed & Reader was active for Help & after a re-start Help in Safari still doesn't work. I've not used Help in some time, could this be an issue with OSX 10.13.1? It seems to me that VW 2017 or 16 had a similar issue with Safari that was later resolved.

Hello,

This often happens when we update the help for a service pack, which we just did. Try first refreshing your browser; if that doesn't work, clear your cache, and you should be good to go!

Alexandra

Alexandra Duffy

Technical Publications Manager

Vectorworks, Inc.