page setup issue

paulg

Hi all

I am having an issue with the page set up since upgrading to the latest Mac OS , High Sierra.

I have a sheet set up as A3 in landscape.  I click print and press okay.  VW then automatically jumps back to a portrait orientation and print also comes out as portrait.

Same issue if I create a new blank file.

Using VW18 SP1.

Any ideas.

Paul

Ps.  Does the same in VW17 SP4

pps. even does it when printing to PDF or preview pdf.

This is a major problem!!  I cannot issue any drawings

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 16.41.07.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 16.41.12.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 16.41.19.png

Edited by paulg

Did you try using a dedicated PDF printer?

Also in your print settings for PDF output is it set to printer default? If yes and that is set to portrait this could explain why the page switched to portrait mode. Check to make sure that the PDF output settings on your Mac are also set to A3 landscape, this assuming you can set the PDF output page size and orientation on your Mac as default for all programs. Because I don't use a Mac I'm not certain how the PDF output on Mac using Quartz exactly works, but this might be a cause as something similar can happen on Windows with a PDF printer driver that is set differently and the page setup using the printer settings instead of manually set paper size and orientation.

I realised this was happening in all my applications so it was an Apple issue not VW.

I Chatted to someone at Apple and we eventually found it was due to the epson printer drivers.  

There is a new Epson software update available, released 20th Nov 2017.  (yesterday!!!)

This didn't get downloaded automatically from apple with the High Sierra update.

I would recommend anyone with Epson printers download the update.

Thanks for you help in any case

paul

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2017 at 4:40 AM, Anthony Brabazon said:

Apple should fix this bug

It's up to purveyors of hardware and software to ensure their products keep up with changes in the operating system, so if this is happening to a few users with different printers - but not all users and all printers, then - as illustrated by paulg's example - the drivers are more likely to be the exclusive cause.

I have received a report from a user with this issue as well, but they have no issue producing PDFs. I've prescribed they update their printer drivers and verify if they're compatible with High Sierra as well. 

Have you tried using JimW's suggestion of using; File > Export > PDF? Or File > Publish... to produce a PDF then print that from a PDF viewer? 

Edited by Jeremy Best
Clarification and elaboration