PC supplier/ UK

26 minutes ago, MRD Mark Ridgewell said:

Quadro M2000. (around GB£350)?

Quadro cards only make sense if you have other software for which Quadro drivers are available. If you do not have such software then the benefits of a Quadro card are minimal if any compared to a good specced nVidia GeForce GTX card.  For the same money as for a Quadro you may get a faster GeForce GTX card, or for similar performance with VW you will pay less for a GeForce GTX.

You may want to look at low profile or half height GPU cards, there are not that many of these for the GTX cards so it will take a bit of searching but they tend to be a bit shorter as well instead of only lower, as these are meant for smaller desktops. These cards can even be used for the so-called mini barebones systems.

VW is not optimised for Quadro cards as to the best of my knowledge there are still no drivers specifically for VW to take advantage of the Quadro functionality.

• 6 months later...
On 11/21/2017 at 9:28 AM, Mike Wright said:

Mi Mark.

I can highly recommend Scan computers in Horwich.

I am now on my third custom system from their '3XS' range.  Great customer service and rock solid performance from their overclocking so far.

Thanks for advice Mike, took receipt of Scan PC a while ago. Very good service and advice all round. A good recommendation.

Mark

• Like 1