IMPORT VIDEO

kevn

The times I've needed to do this I either done it via Cinema 4D exporting the model and replacing the screen material with video,  OR rendering a still in VW replacing the screen with green and keying it out in After Effects.

It would be great to able to do that in VW,  Along these lines I wish you could link a camera to a texture to have IMAG on a screen without doing a separate render for that.

Edited by Wesley Burrows

Thank you all for your responses,

I find this software amazing, I am in a company or only the use of autocad is allowed.
So I can not have access to a complete training on VW.
I find it unfortunate that there can be tutorials on VW SPOTLIGHT, however this forum allows me to answer my questions so a big thank you to you.

If you have time, here are my other questions:
1) Can we hang a projector on a prolyte like with Wysiwyg, because I have to use the HEIGHT to stick it to the prolyte?
2) Do you know a tutorial to understand the use of Braceworks?

Thanking you
K

3 minutes ago, kevn said:

1) Can we hang a projector on a prolyte like with Wysiwyg, because I have to use the HEIGHT to stick it to the prolyte?

Currently the video screen is the only device that "attaches" to a hanging position if you attached it as a load,  they don't attach separately. 

3 minutes ago, kevn said:

2) Do you know a tutorial to understand the use of Braceworks?

I have been face first into Braceworks the last 2 weeks or so, using it on a pretty size-able show,  so I can try and help.  The PJ load is calculated as part of the truss it is under (hanging position or not) if it is within the Braceworks user preferences tolerances of proximity to the supporting truss.     If you have the PJ lower than the threshold under the truss it will not calculate it.  Because you can't attach the screen and PJ separately,  in that case  I just add a point load to the truss with the PJ's weight and use that for Braceworks calculations instead of the actual PJ symbol.   If that helps.    I haven't found much in the way of tutorials,  though I was at a breakout session at Vectorworks Design Summit with the guy who created it,  so, of course,  that helped. 

21 hours ago, kevn said:

While it doesn't "stick," the current Landru Design version of the tool does allow you to define the trim of the truss (or, other structure) and the distance below that you want the projector to hang.

As to your video question, 2 answers:

1)  VW only recognizes still images.  The "Edit Screen Image..." button on the video tools' Object Info Palette will allow you to apply and automatically scale textures found in the current file or in a library folder.

2)  The dialog you get when you click that button will also allow you to set up video connections for Vision.

HTH...