• Announcements

• JimW

The Future of Algorithmic Design   05/23/2017

Natively available within Vectorworks software, Marionette delivers an algorithmic means to orchestrate and dictate design forms and customizations without needing to be a programmer.   Let the Marionette collaboration begin. Watch this video to learn how you can upload and share Marionette objects, nodes, and networks with your peers.
Benny Franke

marionette Object: how can i access the OIP parameter in a table?

6 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I am working on a project where i created a marionette object node (thanks to this forum it works so far) with a couple of adjustable parameters in the OIP. Is there a way to get access to those parameters to create a worksheet that lists all the object instances and there parameter settings? 

Before i knew marionette i used databases (records) to store all that information but within the object node i can't do it since it groups everything on the last step.

I hope someone understands what i mean and ideally has an idea to make it work. 

thank you very much in advance

Benny

Yes, this is possible.

I'll try to get an example for you shortly. If you want to try to tackle it yourself, look into the nodes in the Records & IFC category, and the PIO Handle node in the Object Attributes category.

Hi there,

I tried the Records nodes which did work until I created a  Wrapper. That task created a group out of my object  with the record and so I can't see them anymore when I select the Object Node. 

I need to attach the infos to the record after the automatic group command or get rid of the automatic group command all together. 

I will take the next 2 hours and figure out the PIO handle. 

Thank you very much so far

I've attached a simple example.

The PIO Handle node allows you to get the handle to the Marionette object itself, so the Record gets attached to that instead.

Right now this is a one-way relationship, the object will only update if you update the values in the Shape pane, but it is possible to make it a 2-way relationship, it's just a little more involved.

MarionetteDatabaseExample_MFarrell.vwx

Hi @Marissa Farrell,

as always you made it happen. Thank you very much now it works and I can carry on. 

Thank you for the incredibly fast, correct and professional to a noob question.

cheers 

Benny

hey @Marissa Farrell,

of course since this all works i want to know how to make it bedirectional. I tried with the get record node combined with the equal and if node but it didn't really work. Can you point me in the right direction?

Since i am in this forum Marionette is way more fun. Thanks for your kindness.

Edited by Spotbenny